Thursday 27 October 2011

After Effects & My Work

As of a few weeks now, my class moved on from photoshop and started After Effects!
I'm happy to finally be able to work with this program. For years I kept running into ideas for videos and I never had the program to do any of it! (The programs are expensive and I didn't have a good computer for it).

That being said, I'm excited to keep learning. I'm going to apply my knowledge into my own youtube videos, coming soon! So far, it's pretty straight forward. I pity movie-makers who lacked helpful programs like After Effects in the past, since the program is easier than I thought - you mark with your keynotes and After Effects does everything in between.

I'm doing my motion graphics assignment on the classic movie: Mean Girls. From the start, I had a clear idea but it took quite some time to decide on the final idea because I kept thinking of alternate ideas that revolved around the same topic. The topic/idea I'm focusing on is dominance, since these mean girls were obviously dominant.

I'm going to incorporate girl cutouts that grow... you'll see what I mean when the product is finished. At the end, the girl in the centre will grow devil horns and a devil tail to show her evilness. So far I've got my audio and the vision of it in my head. Excited to put everything together and hopefully I won't encounter too many problems!

I'm glad that we were able to pick any movie/show/etc. to promote, since we are familiar with what we choose and probably enjoy it a lot. It was same with our photoshop cd cover/poster assignment. That's a reason why I enjoy this class!

- Karoline
(week 8)

1 comment:

  1. Karoline,
    not sure if this will reach you, but did you ever get the "Devil Horns" to grow? If so, do you still have the after effects project file for the Devil Horns?

    Greg
    goopking (at) gmail (dot )com

    ReplyDelete