Thursday 10 November 2011

Showing you my motion!

Hey! This is my update to you about how my motion graphics assignment is coming along! So far I have the elements needed to create my motion graphics - that's the photos and my audio. I will need to create some animation but that will be on the program. 
I have the audio I made in class using the sound effects from the iTunes library. I want to upload it on here but I cannot upload mp3 files unfortunately. It's 4 scissor cuts for each photo sequence and then girls laughing until the end, when the devil tail and horns appear on the centred cutout doll. For my title I will try to animate it as if I'm writing it on. I may need to add audio for that so before I render the entire movie I'll edit and add to the audio files to fit the video. 





Those are samples of 2 of the photos I'm going to use. The colouring is faded so I will need to use the burn/dodge tool to increase the contrast. First, a little history behind these photos. Looks like it would be simple to shoot and get the footage but you are wrong. I'm a photographer but for some reason I was having a lot of problems with this part!

So I started off with sequencing 4 photos I took at home. I used a black bristol board and made cutout girl dolls out of white printer paper. The 4 photos were really annoying shoot because I couldn't find my tripod for the first few hours at home so whenever I had to take the next photo, I was always shooting from the wrong angle. After trying for like an hour, I got the 4 photos and it looked cool because the lighting was different ever so slightly, giving a cool stop motion effect, and then.... I accidentally deleted the last one - the most difficult to get right. And I already cleaned up my workplace! I didn't want to spend another few hours to redo it so I really searched for my tripod and I found it.

So I wanted the cutout dolls in the photo to be in the same general area and have the lighting to be different ever so slightly (as stated before) but I realized I could just change the lighting values in photoshop so that didn't concern me. Well, I got the 4 new photos quickly and I was finally happy! I moved the dolls around a very tiny bit in each photo to give it a cool motion graphic effect. I'm happy with the positioning. 

To be honest I'm kind of scared right now. I have my elements but since after effects is new to me I'll have to figure out a lot of stuff on my own - the thing that's concerning me most right now is the animation aspect - the devil tail, horns and the title. You'll see how it goes. It's crazy how by Tuesday it'll be done - I have no idea how the final product will look!

- Karoline
(week 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment